Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Win Pakistan Win

I would have never cheered for Pakistan so much than I did today. It was a must win for Pakistan over Australia so that India enters the semis of ICC Champions Trophy 2009. Like me, many Indians would have surely cheered lustily on every wicket that Men in Green take and go into raptures of delight when Pakistani batsman hit a boundary.

Ricky Ponting and Mike Hussey ensured that the top order colapse would be sustained by their good partnership. But Pakistanis roared back with the quick dismissals of well settled batsman evoking painful Ashes memories for Australia... I started loving it already... The match entered the final over with 5 runs to score with Umer Gul taking the task of bowling at the death. But finally, Australia cruise of the semis to my disappointment winning the match with a close finish.

I had thought about the conspiracy angle - Will Pakistan want India in the final? I thought Pakistan could have played below par to get their hands dirty off India. I thought Pakistani players would laugh in their dressing room after losing to Australia knowing that Indians would have been playing against the West Indies thinking that their last hopes for winning the tournament have been scuppered.

But that was all before the match. I applaud Pakistan for the exciting performance they have put across. Cheers!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment