Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lunar Real Estate

In TOI today, there was an article on spurring interest in buying property on moon owing to the discovery of water molecules on moon. A nice way to start the day; as it surely bought a smile on my face. I thought of visiting the website (www.lunarembassy.com) of the US heardquartered Lunar Embassy which claims to have first initiated the sale of lunar property.

It brings two sayings in my mind. One which we often see in our bollywood movies where a lovesick hero who is fully devoted in winning the heart of the pretty heroine. He would say, "I would give you the sun, the stars and the moon" In the end, the heroine would actually fall for the hero but thats not what I want to talk about here. I feel this line can also be said by someone who wants to get rid of bad guilt trip.

I find this moon scam really funny if people weren't really falling for it and buying what they believe would be Lunar Real Estate. Since so long, we have seen different countries fighting for the space race as to who first puts their flag on the lunar soil. Finally, U.N. passed a resolution that no country would own the celestial body. U.N. should have been very precise with their words as opportunists have already found a loophole in their resolution. They said "no country" but they never said "no individual" could own a land on moon. And the rest as they say is history. Its been 27 years since this company has been selling and registering properties coming up with their own Lunar Deed, Lunar Map, Lunar Constitution and Bill of Rights. Astronomers should really shake their heads now.

For a brief moment, I also thought about buying an acre or two for my gonna-be wife.... Sounds romantic and congestion free !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment