Sunday, September 27, 2009

A motivating note

Today while was cleaning the mess in my almirah accumulated over a period of time, I found a note which contained the words of advice which was given to me by Papa after I had completed my engineering. I had actually written down whatever I remembered from all he told me. I don't remember the date though. I had an offer from Hewlett Packard during the campus placements which kickstarted my career in IT. My family was quite contented with that and considered it as one of my big successes. Thanks to them for whatever I am today. I started reading the note.

Dear Arihant,
As you step into the world of work, you are bringing to it the freshness of ideas and the power to change things. Being an engineer myself, there is always a danger that all too soon we forget why we came to our college. We didn't go there to understand the mechanics, quantitative approach or any intricate theories of engineering. We went there to understand ourselves and our strengths. To believe how easy it is for us to make a difference. That is the purpose of education. To instil in you the belief that you can make the world a better place.
Whenever you feel unhappy about something around you, remember, you have the capability within to improve it. So whether you chose to change it or chose to walk away and just complain - you have made a choice. As you grow as a professional, you will have opportunites to make things happen. You havae had the education that will tell you what to do and how to do it. But it is only your heart that will tell you why you ought to.
There are no limits to which we can grow as human beings. Every morning we get up and make a choice about how much we will do to make a difference. Every day we choose how much we will touch the lives of people around us. Too manay people give up the opportunity because they do not believe that they can change things. Like I have always believed, I hope this education has given you the belief within.
Never underestimate your ability to make a difference.

Papa

I cleared my vision by wiping the gathering tear. Love you Dad!!!!

1 comment:

  1. A surprizing note actually coming very late in time, yes its correct that we loose so many moments where we have the chance to make a change, i jus feel someway it should happen again, me in the last year of DAIICT, ready to step into the world and reading your post. Tc buddy

    ReplyDelete