Monday, September 14, 2009

Losing directions

I am so poor with my direction sense... escpecially when it comes to areas in Bangalore like Banashankari, Basavangudi and places surounding it. Even if I have been to one place (Vidhyarthi Bhavan in Gandhibazaar 6 times before.. but still on my 7th time; I would get lost on some strange roads...

In each of the times, I have had a victim (pillion rider) who has suffered because of it.. I would like to thank them for their patience and their suggestions in telling me the possible routes which could take us back to this place and back home later. Actually, the return journey is somewhat more painful.. My experience on the last weekend was something like this :

Time: 7 a.m.
Day: Saturday
In Conversation: Didi and Me

Me (after completion of all morning chores), "Didi, Vidhyarthi Bhavan chal rahi ho?"
Didi (thinking and scratching her head once), "Chal sakte hain"
Me (with a grin) , "I think we should leave now so that we can be there by 7:30 and return by 9"
My statement above has been the opening statement to all my victims who have agreed to get up by 6:30 early morning and join me to have the best dosa in the town. I am grateful to them always :)

Didi,"Tab tak yeh (jiyaji) bhi uth jayenge. Chal Ari "

Convincing is easy but driving is tough; especially when you know that you would surely forget the route. No point memorising it...

To my surprise ( and now to victim's surprise), we reached Vidhyarthi Bhavan in one go without getting lost. Although we had to ask for some directions once we entered Basavangudi.

After having the delicious Masala Dosa, we started our return journey. As usual, I took a wrong lane and after driving a few kms, we found ourselves in Chamarajpet... I recalled of Chamarajpet Charles on Radio One ;)

The struggle continued... we saw mysore road, all the gates of Lalbagh etc...

Eventually, we reached home by 10 a.m. .. To our relief, Jiyaji was still asleep :) Even if he was awake, we had got him Kesari Bhath (Sooji ka Halwa) from Vidhyarthi Bhavan to bring a smile on his face

No comments:

Post a Comment