Sunday, September 20, 2009

Men are from Mars - Women are from Venus

Last night was a night to remember... Not very usual that I recieve a late night call from my closest friend @3:15 a.m. when I was deep in my sleep that my cell phone rang. Ofcourse I was little surprised because it was quite early morning on the other side (around 4:45 a.m.) and I wondered why my friend had not slept till now... I just wished everything was alright with her... Luckily it was; I had a happy feeling in my head when I heard her voice... As usual, she had a very sweet voice... it reminds of a kiddo gal who just entered adoloscence; innocent and honest. I lost my sleep after that and felt fresh... I feel the best thoughts and words are exchanged early morning... She was happy with my small gift that I had sent through one of our common friends to cheer her up... Our conversation kicked off with that and went on for another 80 minutes.. why 80 minutes? Thats the balance she had in total :) Unfortunately I cant make ISD calls from my cell..

I don't wanna write in detail about what all we spoke on. The topics ranged from love, relationship, friendship, emotions, hatred, adulthood, fun etc. till the calling card balance allowed us... I found her quite emotional last night; she was worried and upset about something... I tried to bring her out of it (even at 4 a.m. , my habit of giving advice was working ); infact thats what I have always tried.. But I want to share an important lesson that I learnt from her...

She told me about the book Men are from Mars - Women are from Venus which she has been reading since some time. She said this book is important for understanding the communication style and emotional needs of opposite gender; how it helps in improving men- women relationship. She said, "At times, it is very important only to listen to what your partner is saying; to be on the recieving side. At times you partner doesn't need any advice but he/she just wants to be heard" I have this habit of giving advices when not needed. Although I don't strictly follow the bookish knowledge but living life practically and associating your life to common terms, I realised it is quite crucial and fruitful. I didnt sleep after our conversation ended because it pushed me to think more and more on those lines. I would like to follow it to as much detail as possible and till my patience allows me to.

This blog of mine is dedicated to one of the most wonderful friend that I have made for life whom I admire for her qualities and the way we are friends with each other..

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, came across this one randomly. Thanks a lot Ari :)
    So, is the advice still helpful? :D

    ReplyDelete