Friday, October 23, 2009

Of Speedbreakers and Potholes

I drive through the silent darkness, all alone,
If I don't see you on time, I am sure to break my bone!!!
Only God would know what was in the mind of your maker,
Above all, you are the mighty speed breaker!!!!!

Unmoving on the road, you lie in slumber,
At least ten on each road, the number of dogs you outnumber,
Instead of warning us to be careful and slowly tread,
You keep a sign telling us, "Careful!!! Bump Ahead"

Let me talk about your sibling, the pothole,
It seems you are an indispensable part of road's soul,
Whenever the rain comes, I hear you cheer,
Bcoz in myriad numbers now you can reappear

I want to ask you two, "Why do you exist at all?"
Slowing the traffic which is already a crawl,
Only bike guys with girlfriends would really love you,
They brake sharply and come little closer too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment