Thursday, July 23, 2009

She is the One

Someone said it right; a dream is something which doesn't let you sleep. It pushes your imaginations to think positively and whole heartedly. Especially, while dreaming of someone with whom you would like to spend the rest of your life.

It happened with me last night, where I felt my heart beating heavily only to realize that I was standing, waiting for someone in a social park. I was wearing a formal white shirt with khaki trousers I was seeing the world around me with closed eyes and open arms deep in my sleep. I could people celebrating with their family; sitting, talking and eating with beautiful smiles on their faces. The entire surrounding was green, with a fresh smell that the rain brings with itself. I could see my parents standing some distance from me talking to new faces who had just come to meet our family.

But I stood at the same place, watching them do all that; slightly confused thinking about what I would be saying to the gal whom I am going to meet very soon. How would my dream gal look like? I had many ideas to make an opening statement in front of her but couldn’t finalize on which one to choose. Should I introduce myself first and tell the best moments of my existence since 25 years or should I ask her to tell about herself since her existence (don’t know since when)? Will I be able to look straight into her eyes and talk to her casually? Why don’t I have a questionnaire in my mind already? Do you know cooking (Nooooooo, I should not ask this)? What would be her first reaction when she sees me? Will I be able to smile at her and will she reciprocate? After all, it would be a matter of our whole life together, what all questions will she have in her mind to ask me?

I was really thinking hard and giving answers to those unasked, unprepared questions by myself …. I had to think of something impressive and positive in a short span of time… I took a deep breath, looked up (to God, to sky, to people beyond it) and set myself for it. My parents looked at me and smiled. They have the most wonderful smile which brings so much confidence, assurance and support with itself that I felt elated. The confidence “Beta, this will be new beginning and a new phase in your life. Enjoy it as much as possible”. The assurance “Beta, we will not force you for anything. We want the best for you”. The support “Beta, we are there to guide you for what you do in life with our experiences and see you growing” is enough at times.

I saw her entering and come towards me from a distance. She was wearing a pink saree with a mix of different colors on various parts of the saree. It looked wonderful. Some of the questions were getting framed and numbered in my mind with her first glance. The start looked good to me. But wasn’t I rushing up this? C’mon, she hasn’t seen me completely and neither have I. Neither imaginations nor fantasies know any boundaries. I still stood there with the unending smile on my face which has saved me from tougher times I have faced in life.

When you don’t know anything, you just smile. It leaves the other person in suspicion about you” I like it actually but appreciate it if taken positively.

My dreams have an uncanny habit of jumping into conclusions too quickly. Suddenly, I see myself sitting with her on the bench far away from everyone. This might be the time for both of us to open up and get to know each other. Just like bollywood movies, our clothing changed. She was now wearing a yellow-green saree and I was wearing a formal light blue shirt and black trousers. No feel-good song had been sung till now as we were yet to start talking.

I looked at her face and tried to make some personal conclusions about her looks. She had a pretty clean face and expressive eyes but looking down at that very moment. I assume that she would have looked at me when my eyes went down and she would have made some personal conclusions as well.

I initiated the conversation asking, “Are you nervous?”

She said, “Little bit and you?”

I said, “Smile and you will feel better. That’s what even I am doing right now”

She smiled and thanked me for the gesture. Puff!!! That was a safe opening.

Our conversation continued asking about our families, aspirations, lifestyles, religion. The questions were intermingled with some funny anecdotes that we shared; some situations where we felt paranoid; some futuristic plans where we both could fit ourselves. We both felt really relaxed after these early 20 minutes. We could sense our chemistry clicking and hopes rising.

I wanted to tell her that I love her smile and her blue eyes but kept it to myself. I wanted to tell her that I am feeling really positive about us together but didn’t say it. She asked me, “Do you want to say something?”

With a how-do-you-know look, I said,” Nope and you?” and smiled.

She said, “Yes, it is very nice talking to you”

I said “Same here. Would you like to talk to me again?” Now where did that come from?

She looked at me and her eyelids closed and opened up. I understood.

We started walking back to our parents (this is a third part of the dream, because everyone had reappeared once again). She went to her parents and I went to mine.

Papa said to her father,”Accha Saa, namaste. Bahut accha laga aapse milkar”. All formalities done and exchanged, we returned home.

But I was still lost in her thoughts. I was recalling what all we talked about, how was she looking (yes, boys think that from time to time), how was she smiling etc.

Mummy came to my room and asked me,” Beta, kaisi lagi?”

I didn’t happen to have heard her question I guess.

Love is when you can’t pay attention because you get too busy in writing her first name with your last.

She shook me and asked the same question again. This time I stood up, hugged her and whispered in her ears,” Mummy, she is the one.

5 comments:

  1. khuwaab tha shayd, khuwaab hi hoga... itna sab kuch khuwaabo main hi hota hai...

    ReplyDelete
  2. bhagwaan kare tera khawab sasch ho jaye :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww dat was so sweet Arihant... just like u.:) but seriously it was very a simple and straight from the heart story. i luvd ur first story n lets see hw the others come along..:P Great work frnd!

    ReplyDelete