Friday, August 28, 2009

Heaven was once here

Its half past midnight and I am still not able to sleep... I think of lives of most of my batchmates 10 years from now... I see them put on kilos of weight distributing on various parts of the body... on their stomachs the most, butts the next... I see them having grey hair on their scalp... being more dense on the sides than the center... owing to the lifestyles we all have been living in...

10 years from now, I see them as a good spouse... a parent of 2 may be (following HUM DO HAMARE DO strictly). Getting a chance to visit the college (engineering) was one of their dream since the time they passed out..

I wait for them at the college gate... I see them coming... I hug them and walk with them inside the campus... We see the long pathways of fate lying lonely ahead with bundles of scattered leaves fallen from the tree of love... Same trees under which once friendships were made..

I reminicise my friends falling in love with someone... We walk to the lonely lecture theatres and tutorial rooms with a gentle breeze from the window of change which fills in the thought of the past... with the thought of the faces staring and smiling and waving at us... calling us towards them...

Funny, crazy pictures of my friends flash through my minds... of the hostels... of the canteen... of the posters... of the labs... of the ground.... everything vrooms through my eyes...

In such darkness of our memories, in such darkness of our thoughts.. our minds would whisper...

HEAVEN WAS ONCE HERE

2 comments:

  1. good one... hope this really materialize except the weight/grey hairs stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a lovely post..made me think of my college and friends...:)

    ReplyDelete